Saturday 14 September 2019

Cadenheads Blended Scotch 20 #10


Cadenheads Blended Scotch 20 46%abv
This whisky is made up using a sherry cask solera system and is made up of 65% malt and 35% grain. This is batch 2, which contains some of batch 1 (whats in batch 1?.....No idea, google it), some Benrinnes and some Strathclyde grain whisky.

Colour
Dark....really dark!

Nose
Leather, old dusty book shop, dunnage warehouse, red fruits, stewed strawberry, figs, lots of polished oak, wood spice, brown sugar, molasses

Palate
Ginger is first up, cola cubes, strawberry jam, brown sugar, chili milk chocolate, coffee and a bit of cask char.

Finish
slight chili milk chocolate digestives

Overall
This is one of the best blends I had tried! The colour is one of the darkest iv seen (I would have loved to have even just seen it at cask strength) I have really enjoyed this bottle and have gave samples out, all with positive reports back. But I still cannot help but think how much better it could have been at cask strength.

Score
9.25 out of -A

I don't think this is available anymore but with the system they use I am sure another will not be far away. Grab it!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment